Monday, January 17, 2011

Pieces - proposal 01-17-2011

This is a proposal for my cap stone project. I want to do another music video for one of my songs. I first thought about doing a 2d animation on a cartoon that I made a long time ago. But that was going to take longer than 22 week to get it done. Plus I want to get better at 3d modeling, rigging, tracking, and compositing. So I'm want to do another music video because it will force me to do all 4 skills. The song is called pieces. I chose to do a deep emotional song about a point in my life where a relationship went wrong because something I wanted to convey artistically.

The whole video is meant to be metaphorical to encourage symbolism. In order to pull off some shots, certain elements in 3d work would have to be tracked so that it will be synced up with the live footage. That also means I will have to green screen a lot of the shots. But, I will be working with Alex Dykes, a film student from IUPUI. He will be filming all the live footage and helping me with preproduction. We actually work together at Marsh Grocery Store and discussed how this project would suit our needs as a final capstone project. He also got the ok from his instructors for us to work together.

In the story, I will be getting in a giant robot that will transport me to the sun. In the end, I will be blowing up in the sky. This was inspired by the video I saw on video copilot a quarter back. So I would have to model a giant robot, rig it, and have it to where I can walk into it like a space ship. By doing this, I will only have to model one Character which really shouldn't take me too long to do. The part that worries me is the designing the robot. I tend to not draw robots in my art. But what I'm trying to take away from this project the experience of working in a pine line in a music video production. I already have clients that want me to make music videos for them from my last project. Hopefully, after this one, I will be able to talk up my skills more with something a little more impressive to back me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment